This is a bit late on my part, but I have to congratulate the world’s best motorcycle racer of any time period. I never saw Giacomo Agostini race, but I believe/read that Rossi has surpassed Ago on many landmarks. This year he’s back. Was it the switch to Bridgestone tires? A new M1 motor and Chassis? Or the fact that he’s not done yet. You can tell he’s still having fun out there and he can hang with the young apprentices.
The fans waited two years (and I’m sure would have waited longer) for another victory from their hero. Valentino Rossi won the 2008 Motorcycle Grand Prix.
CONGRATULATIONS VALE ON YOUR 8TH CHAMPIONSHIP WIN!!!
Here are a few quick statistics of the 2008 MotoGP championship season:
- After 18 rounds of racing, here are the top 3 riders in the standings:
- Valentino Rossi 373 Points (The most points scored by a rider in a single season. Another broken record)
- Casey Stoner (Last year’s world champion) 280 Points
- Danny Pedrosa 249 Points (Maybe it’s time to shine and divorce daddy Puig?)
- Constructor’s Championship:
- Yamaha 402 Points
- Ducati 321 Points
- Honda 513 Points
- Valentino Rossi podium’d 16 out of 18 races!!! (The most podiums by a rider in a single season. And yet another broken record!!!)
So what is there to look forward to for the 2009 MotoGP season:
- A single tyre rule for all teams: Bridgestone Tires (Michelin, after 25 years you will be missed)
- 2007 champion Nicky Hayden will literally be riding a Red Bull. He has signed a contract with the Ducati Factory team next to Casey Stoner. Maybe he’ll actually get a bike that will fit him.
- Andrea Dovizioso will be replacing Hayden on the factory Honda Repsol team. Already, Dani’s pimp Alberto Puig has set a negative vibe for that relationship. We’ll just have to see if Pedrosa will play nice with Dovizioso.
- Rossi’s cursed rival, Sete Gibernau is back at age 35 riding the with the new Onde 2000 Ducati Team.
- A healthy Jorge Lorenzo. I would like to see a heated race between Lorenzo and Pedrosa.
- Another night race in Qatar and possibly a new track in Singapore. Hmm, 19 rounds next year? Wow!
You guys all know who I’m rooting for. GOOOO ROSSI!!!!!