Here I go. Part 1 of ? I purchased some items over the past few weeks for the Africa trip. Some neat travel tools and some photography equipment.
1. Braun PocketGo P-70 Travel Shaver: Believe it or not, I shave…mostly my upper lip. I’m deathly afraid of razors (even though that would have been the lightest / no-power needed option), so I needed a good travel shaver. The Braun PocketGo got really good reviews on Amazon and it runs on two AA batteries. It’s a bit larger and heavier than I expected, but I’m trying to avoid looking like a 90’s porn star.
2. APC INPA Universal Plug Adapter: This thing is sweet. Light, flat, compact and Transformers like. I’m going through 9 different countries but I’ll only have to deal with two different plug types. Although, the APC INPA pretty much covers the entire world. I think I bought the last one in the U.S. Anyone know where I can buy another one?
3. Gitzo 1780QR Ballhead: All you need to know – 22 pound load capacity weighing in at only 0.8 pounds.
4. What did I use to snap the images above? My final new compact camera, the Leica D-Lux 4. Love that red dot!
5. Wait, what did I use to snap the Leica image?
I’m expecting the final new photography tool for the trip this weekend. So expect another update soon.